We have extensive experience on both client and contractor-side in preparing bids, and in leading competitive tender processes for individual supply, construction and professional services contracts greater than $100M in value.
For us, the key to running a successful bid process is in design and planning.
All aspects of the process should be considered:
- Detailed planning and intelligent design of bid templates can save a bid team many hours in the high-pressure period of bid evaluation.
- Having a clear idea at the beginning of what information will be collated and how it will be presented for approval contributes to a high-quality recommendation and greater probability that it will be accepted first time.
We are experienced in all aspects of major bids, including:
- Developing complex bid packages, including coordination of specialist technical and legal input,
- Managing the flow of requests for information (RFIs) and technical queries (TQs) between bidders and technical reviewers,
- Assessing the comparative cost and value of bidders’ proposals,
- Evaluating the commercial and other implications of bidders’ assumptions, exclusions and qualifications,
- Working with the principal’s legal and finance functions to assess and mitigate commercial risks, and
- Preparing award recommendations and summary presentations for executive and board-level decisions.